Tuesday, September 18, 2007

In Florida


We are in Florida, I'm not kidding. No, we didn't take a wrong turn, it is Florida, New York. The URL is as follows for our location on Google Maps.http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=41.317915,-74.370747&spn=0.052345,0.079136&z=13&om=1
This campground wasn't our first pick. There is a campground in Jersey City, across the bay from Manhattan that we wanted to go to, but we could not get into until next Tuesday. So here we are in Florida. From what they told us at the office, we are not much farther from downtown than we were in Chicago. We will have to take the commuter train and transfer to the "tube" (subway) to get to downtown. We should know more tomorrow.


The trip north was uneventful. It was basically I-95 to I-287 (in New York it became I-87) and we were here. We did take the I-695 loop west around Baltimore, the long direction around because of restrictions on I-95 and I-695 east. One restriction was a 96 inch width limit and the other was a propane restriction through a tunnel. Traffic was about like in KC on the south side of I-435 at noon on a week day. Later, we took I-295 on the east side of Philadelpha and did not know there was a town within a 100 miles. We caught I-287 west ane skirted around the Big Apple. Again trafic was not bad at all. We left D.C. about 9:20 A.M. and arrived here about 4 P.M, driving 309 miles.

The campground is OK but not real fancy. They have cable, wifi and 50 amp. electical service. What more does a person need. The campground in DC was very nice. They didn't call themselves a resort but they could have. The city bus came by about every 20 minutes and several tours picked up people there as well.

I am including a picture of the chapel at the Naval Academy. It seems I can only upload one picture per posting. L&G
Note: Here is the URL for where we were thinking of staying. http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=40.712295,-74.044118&spn=0.000825,0.001236&t=k&z=19&om=1 Talk about down town, this is it.

No comments: