Monday, September 10, 2007

On the Road

Since we did not have wifi Sunday I went ahead and wrote the Sunday blog and saved it as a Word Doc. to see if it could be done. It seems to have worked. I hope you are not too bored with all of this.

Sunday
There isn’t much news today, just a day of travel. We did not push it hard at all traveling. I now think it will be a 3 day trip into DC at the rate we are going. We left Sycamore at 8:10 this morning and jumped on US-47 through Elburn on our way to I-80. Elburn was where we caught the commuter train into Chicago. Glenda was looking at the map after we were rolling and said if we go a little farther south, we can take US- 24 straight east to I-65 so that was what we did. I do kind of wish we would have went through the main part of Chicago for one last look, but it was a nice drive through the country. We had lunch at a rest stop right after we got on I-65. We are spending the night at the Natural Springs Resort in New Paris Ohio, on the Indiana and Ohio border. They were supposed to have wifi but a storm came through, I think she said Saturday, and took their system out. They still had a couple of trees down. There is not much else to report on right now but will send this when we can.
I forgot to mention one thing about the CNBC video clip. Toward the end of the clip you can see a hand waving. It was Glenda. She was on the phone with Connie who was at work. They turned the TV on in the dealership's showroom waiting area to CNBC and did see her waving. She enjoyed waving to all of you.

Monday
Hi to all: We are in Bedford Penn. Got in a little after 6 this evening. We drove 374 miles today and 337 yesterday. That isn't setting the world on fire but we are not wearing ourselves out either. The price of gas has been all over the place. When we were leaving the Chicago area I found a station I could easily get into and the price was $3.19. We drove maybe 30 miles and the price was $2.91. We filled up this morning for $2.89 and the price here is $2.69. At that rate. by the time we get to the east coast they will be giving the stuff away.ha!

I went to Google maps and got the location we are at. I am pasting the URL for our location just to see if it will work.http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=40.044208,-78.518128&spn=0.006669,0.009892&z=16&om=1. If you really get bored click on it and it should show where we are. For even more excitement you can zoom the map in and out. The satellite view is of poor quality to see much. The campground is on Friendship Rd.More later.

No comments: